Nourish your body naturally and start your next phase in ease
What is Perimenopause?
Perimenopause is the 2-10 year period leading up to Menopause (which is defined as 12 months since your last menstrual period).
Perimenopause can be a tricky time. It’s when your ovaries are contemplating retirement (and probably deserve it after 30-odd years of hard work) – but it doesn’t have to be traumatic. There are many ways to support you through this powerful transition phase.
While your brain and body are adjusting to the changes in hormone activity, it’s an important time to re-evaluate your own patterns, boundaries and needs. And it’s especially important to gift some love to your adrenals with nourishing food, sleep, joy, movement and self-care.
Perimenopause symptoms can include:
- Hot flushes or night sweats
- Anxiety, depression, or rage
- Weight gain and increased cholesterol
- Loss of libido
- Vaginal changes (dry, painful, sensitive)
- Increased candida/thrush and UTIs
- Irregular cycles (long or short)
- Flooding or light periods
- Hair loss
- Increased body hair
- Sensory skin changes (like ants crawling on your skin)
- Zero tolerance for your significant other or kids (relating?)
But there is relief through the chaos.
It doesn’t have to be this hard
When you’re not getting the answers you need or hearing “it’s normal” or “you just need to ride it out – it will pass”, it’s hard to know where to turn. Don’t suffer in silence. Get the help you need.
Naturopathy for Perimenopause and Menopause
Perimenopause and Menopause are not “the end”. It’s the transition to Wise Woman, the woman who’s grounded, centred, and exudes radiance from within. It’s finally your time.
You might feel like the “normal you” has left the building – but there is relief from the Perimenopause mayhem. By nourishing your adrenals and helping your hormones stay in balance through a few diet and lifestyle tweaks alongside herbs, supplements or body-identical hormones, Perimenopause and Menopause can not only be manageable – but magical.
Naturopathy can help if
- You’re in your 30s or 40s, you’re suffering some of the symptoms and you know you’re not yourself – but think you’re too young for Perimenopause.
- You’re in your mid-40s or 50s and your cycle is erratic, you’re flooding or barely bleeding and you’re not sure if or where to start with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) or Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT) – or if you even need it.
- You haven’t had a period for a year or more and you’re unsure what you should be doing about your long-term bone, brain, or heart health.
- You know you’re in Perimenopause or Menopause and want to explore your options on your terms.
How I help
We’ll start by focusing on where you’re at mentally, physically and emotionally, discuss your main aims, goals and desires and determine a treatment plan that’s right for you.
I’m here to empower you with knowledge so you can move forward confidently.
Natural options include:
- Nourishing your adrenal glands with adaptogenic (or adrenal-loving) herbs. When our ovaries stop producing the hormones we need, our adrenals step in to take over. When we love on our adrenals, they produce the hormones we need to manage stress, sleep, and energy levels.
- Diet and lifestyle changes that improve your vitality, energy, mood, and connection to self.
- Natural supplements to assist with your emotional wellbeing, moods, sleep, hot flashes and libido.
- Considering body-identical hormones.
- Connecting to your soul through mindfulness, meditation or other body or energy work and making yourself the priority – crazy right? It’s pretty essential actually.
Will you see results?
Because you’re a wonderfully unique woman, it can take a few sessions to find the perfect treatment for you. But with commitment and a willingness to approach your life in a new light, you may experience:
- Improved moods
- Less flooding
- Deeper, more restful sleep with minimal flushing
- Renewed energy and weight balance
- Mental and physical resilience
- Your spark back!